Here was my original approval submission. Don wasn't particularly pleased with the some of the design choices of the ears or the overacting and the staging near the end. He approved the acting for the first half of the test and said it was 'mmm.. okay..' so I've gone back and attempted to address his concerns in a new pose test.
The original test for comparison:


Don's notes:

Updated test:


At this point I'm fishing for ideas and the second test has lost some of the energy of the original. I'll take another stab at the scene, try to make sure the drawings are stronger and better designed as well. Overall, so far not really a successful test but I've enjoyed the direct & honest feedback, a few people got some enjoyment and I've continued to learn a lot about what not to do. It's been a great experience seeing the wonderful work everyone else was doing too.

Another work related drawing I was asked to create was a grouping of game characters for a sign outside the building.

7 comments:

Abz said...

looks like hard work...but it also looks good!

David Germain said...

May I ask what Bartok is supposed to be doing in this scene? It's been a long time since I've seen Anastasia.

Jeremy said...

Sure, Bartok falls and hurts his arm and then he cries out in pain. If you're asking that question, it's really reading well.

Jeremy said...

*Really not reading well

GhettoFab said...

hey Jeremy!
I so want to be able to do what you do....

I think that the ideas you are animating to are readin as hes hurt himself in the fall. Which is fantastic!

So my two cents is on that pose. in comparison to the note pose

On your pose it seems like bartok is crossing over his body ( away from cam ) to hold his arm out so its really hard to discern which wrist is actually hurt, especially when he shakes it. Its so close to his head that I pick lookin at his expression first.

The note you got he has it more in front of him and the sillouette is a bit more clear becuase of that

Awesome stuff Jeremy. Youre my hero...even more so

Danarchy said...

thansk for the comments brotato, fuck you sir are a animation machine.!

Mario Richard said...

Hey Jeremy, thanks, nice animation you got going here!