CTN Expo



Just wanted to send a special thanks to all the great people I met at CTN Expo. I apologize for my awkward and nervous behavior since the majority of my time is spent with pencil, paper and there's not always a whole lot of social interaction in my freelancing days. Just wanted to say a special thanks to:

John Quinn for the meal and tour of Disney consumer products. It was great meeting everyone!

Floyd Norman who is always so accommodating and understanding. I feel fortunate to have the opportunity to chat with you and talk about the golden years at Disney. Thanks so much for the tour of Disney publishing!

James Baxter who graciously deals with my appreciation of his work. It's always a pleasure to meet great talent with such kindness.

Eric Goldberg for his encouragement, generosity, and for laughing at a few of my crude drawings. Thank you sir!

Andreas Deja, thanks so much for the lovely sketchbook, for giving me a new appreciation of TS Sullivant's work, and for the reminder to put away the cintiq and draw on paper with your head, hand and your heart.

Don Bluth for reminding me to relax, loose up and allow the drawings to express sincere feelings.

Tony Bancroft for his wonderful, effortless demonstrations and discussion of his animation character experience.

Uli Meyer and Matt Jones wonderful Searle presentation which was not only entertaining but very informative as well. Searle's work needs to be digested and discussed to be appreciated. Thank you both!

Jason Ryan for being a good friend, a mentor, and being willing to open up and share his techniques. Great work!

John Musker again for his thoughts on Searle and for taking the time to talk with a canadian - we're everywhere

To Gabriele Pennacchioli, Scott Morse, Lou Romano, Donnachada Daly, Brittney Lee, Stephen Silver, Robin Joseph, thanks so much for the wonderful artwork. Seeing so much talent in one place is overwhelming but I'm grateful to have had the chance to speak with you all!

My time in LA was very special and I hope to see everyone again next year!

1 comments:

Matt J said...

Hey, thnx for the shout out Jeremy! Terrific drawings here--